- Please read our instructions carefully for the best outcome when first using the Headache Hammock. Also, take time and watch our instruction video as well.
- Please be aware that you may experience discomfort or pain until muscle tension relaxes when you first start using the Headache Hammock.
- In most cases multiple sessions and continual daily use may be required to obtain desired results.
- Refer to enclosed instructions for proper use, placement, heating and cooling.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE:
• Place the Headache Hammock on a floor or firm surface that you can lie down on. Lay on the Headache Hammock like you're lying back on a pillow with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor. If you need to, put a pillow or bolster under your knees to support them.
• Begin by positioning the higher rounded portion of the Headache Hammock just below the back of your skull onto the suboccipital muscles of the upper neck. If you feel the Headache Hammock is not high enough to put pressure on those muscles, simply fold up a hand or bath towel and place it underneath the Headache Hammock to help raise it up.
• Next, you should feel pressure on those upper neck muscles and your head may feel like its floating in space above the hammock of the device. The pressure on these muscles may cause discomfort or a dull ache until the muscle tension relaxes. In some cases of severe muscle tension this pressure can be painful. If it is painful, try using the Headache Hammock for just 1 to 2 minutes at first allowing your upper neck muscles to adapt to the pressure. Also heating the Headache Hammock prior to use can also help with reducing the discomfort and muscle tension. Please see heating and cooling instructions on the back of this card. If you experience extremely severe pain while lying on the Headache Hammock this may indicate a more serious problem and you should consult with your physician as soon as possible.
• Let your head and neck relax, this can be aided by relaxing your jaw and slightly tilting your chin up while at the same time letting go of the weight of your head. As your upper neck muscles relax your head may fall into the hammock of the device.
• This initial relaxation can take between 3-5 minutes depending on how much muscular tension you have in your neck. At this time your headache or neck pain may start to subside.
• You can continue to lie on the Headache Hammock in this relaxed state until your headache or neck pain feels better. It is also recommended that once you relax, try turning your head to the side and use the Headache Hammock to apply pressure to any muscular pressure points on each side of your upper neck. Like a self-massage, hold pressure on these points for approximately 10-30 seconds until each pressure point feels like it releases or feels better. Continue this self-treating process up and down each side of your upper neck. You may have to move or turn the device to find the right angle to apply pressure to particular pressure points in your upper neck. After treating the points on each side of the upper neck, return your head back to center and relax in that position for up to 5 more minutes thus ending the treatment. Each treatment should last between 10-15 minutes.
• Use your Headache Hammock when you are experiencing a headache or neck pain, but also as a preventative measure to encourage continued relaxation of the upper neck muscles.
• Tension in the upper neck muscles can be one of the major causes of headaches, including migraines as well as neck pain and reducing that muscular tension can provide real relief. However, for most people the Headache Hammock is not an instant fix or instant pain reliever. Using it once or twice with no relief does not mean it won’t work for you. It is a treatment device and can take time as well as multiple treatments to reduce years of built up muscular tension. So please if it does not work for you right away give it time by using the device daily for a minimum of two weeks and if after two weeks of use you don’t feel a change in how you feel please return it for a full refund. We truly hope it helps you find relief.
• For further instructions please watch our instruction video at HeadacheHammock.com and if you have any questions please feel free to email us at email@example.com or ask a question on our FaceBook page.
Heating and Cooling Instructions:
For even greater comfort and relaxation, your Headache Hammock can be warmed or cooled.
WARNING: USE ONLY AS DIRECTED. READ AND FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS AND THESE IMPORTANT SAFETY WARNINGS BEFORE WARMING OR COOLING THE HEADACHE HAMMOCK. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS MAY RESULT IN PERSONAL OR ENVIRONMENTAL INJURY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, POSSIBLE SKIN BURNS, FROSTBITE OR RISK OF FIRE.
Use only a household microwave oven with a rotating turntable. For safe warming, product must rotate freely and completely in a specified home microwave oven. Microwave warming that does not allow complete and continuous rotation of product will cause uneven heating, resulting in product "hot spots" and potential skin burns, product damage and/or risk of fire.
• Never exceed the specified warming or cooling time.
• Do not use a warmed product on any type of acute injury, including if swelling or inflammation is present.
• Never wrap, enclose or seal this product before warming.
• Always carefully check product temperature before handling.
• Allow product to return to room temperature before storage and re-use.
• Always be in attendance while warming this product in a microwave oven with rotating turntable. Keep product away from young children.
• Do not use a commercial grade microwave oven (>1600 w power rating) to warm this product as this could cause product overheating.
• Microwave ovens can vary in performance. Always check that this product is a comfortable temperature before handling and use.
• Never use a stove top or conventional oven to warm this product.
HOW TO WARM YOUR HEADACHE HAMMOCK:
1. Place the Headache Hammock headrest, uncovered, in a household microwave oven with a ROTATING TURNTABLE ON WHICH IT CAN ROTATE COMPLETELY and a Power Rating of no more than 1600 Watts.
2. Warm at 100% Power for 30-seconds. Check product for warmth. Repeat 30-second microwave warming cycle only once, as needed. Do not exceed 60 seconds total microwave warming time.
3. The Headache Hammock Headrest MUST COMPLETELY ROTATE DURING MICROWAVE WARMING. If it does not, stop the heating cycle immediately, check product temperature before handling and remove product from microwave oven.
ALTERNATE SLOW WARMING METHOD: Wrap your Headache Hammock in a plug in electrical heating pad for about 10 to 15 minutes until comfortably warm to touch.
HOW TO COOL YOUR HEADACHE HAMMOCK:
1. Place your Headache Hammock in a clean plastic storage bag (for hygiene) and put it in the freezer for no longer than 30 minutes.
2. Remove product from freezer and plastic bag. Be careful to check cooled product temperature before handling and use.